Renting the Bourdil Blanc
We still have some availability this year to rent the Bourdil Blanc - June 9-16, July 14-21, August 4-11, August 18-25 and September. Please go to this website www.dordognerental.com to check prices and to contact us to book Jhanslip@aol.com
This comfortable 18th century manorhouse just outside Bergerac has a large heated swimming pool, a private tennis court, riding stables, wifi,hifi, large screen TV with French and UK satellite and an excellent cook. It is an ideal venue for both large houseparties and familiy groups who appreciate the calmness of the French countryside being in the heart of the Dordogne yet close to the lively town of Bergerac. If the manorhouse is rented with the pigeonnier it can sleep a maximum of 24 people in 12 double bedrooms with 12 bathrooms.The house is centrally heated so it can be rented throughout the year and only 10 minutes from Bergerac airport so easy and direct access from the UK,Paris and Amsterdam is assured.
The main house comprises:
- A large entrance hall/study which leads onto
- the main living room (50 m2) with open fireplace, 42 inch plasma high definition TV with French and English satellite , video, DVD player, hifi and two double sofa beds
- and also a dining room with fireplace seating 16-20 people
- A modern fully fitted and equipped kitchen complete with two dishwashers, two fridge freezers, a large gas cooking range with an electric overn, a second electic oven, a microwave and wine store
- A bathroom off the dining room with WC , bath and basin which also houses a washing machine and separate dryer,
A staircase leads from the living room upstairs to:
the first floor which sleeps a maximum of eight people:
- Four large double bedrooms (one with two double beds, two each with double beds and one with 2 single beds) with three ensuite bathrooms and one ensuite shower room each with a wc.There are numerous cots and cribs and three high chairs.
On the second floor there are another three double airconditioned bedrooms , one with a double bed and a single bed, one with a double bed and the third with two single beds which can be used as a double bed and a single bed plus a small sofabed with two ensuite and one private shower rooms with wcs and basins.
The wing comprises a large living room with open fireplace and 2 double sofa beds, a double bedroom (with double bed), a second fully fitted and equipped kitchen with washing machine and dishwasher, a bathroom with wc, basin and bath and a private walled garden.
The pigeonnier has a vaulted living room with 2 double sofabeds, an open fireplace and a fully fitted and equipped kitchen.
There are 2 double bedrooms (one with a double bed, the other with two single beds which can be placed together as a double bed) and a bathroom with wc, bath and basin and a private walled garden.There is a another washing machine and dryer available in an outbuilding
The main house sleeps between 8 to 14 people, the wing sleeps 2 people , the pigeonnier sleeps up to 4 people and there are two recently restored ensuite double bedrooms in the glorious barn. They can be rented together or separately in any combination,although in the peak season they are not rented to separate groups to ensure privacy. Best to discuss privacy requirements as regards the tennis and swimming pool and gardens in the non peak season when booking. The house is centrally heated with 3 working fireplaces. There is also a telephone, fax, various TVs with French and UK satellite, stereo and wifi
Games include table tennis and various board games and there is a small rowing boat for fishing on the lake.
Aside from the heated pool (12 x 6 m2), the private tennis court and barn, the seven acre grounds also feature a large meadow garden, a small fishing/boating lake, where you can try your hand at catching one of the fat carp or simply watch them from our rowing boat, some lovely mature trees, all bounded by a delightful trout stream. From the house one can enjoy beautiful views over woodlands and fields and there is a hammock to relax in